Features and Benefits
Developed using research from a global posture study spanning 11 countries and over 2,000 participants.
Gesture™ supports the shifts in posture seen today specifically triggered by the technological devices we use today such as smartphones, tablets, and e-readers.
Built to support and embrace body types of various shapes and sizes and can even accommodate the multitude of sitting preferences.
Quickly and easily adjustable to suit the individual needs of the individual user.
- ASNI/BIFMA compliant - soon to be compliant up to 300 lbs.
Gesture™ was designed by the innovative team and creative geniuses at the Steelcase Design Studio.
Design: Inspired by the Human Body
We didn't start with a chair design. We started by looking at the unique movements and gestures of the body. Like the human body, Gesture™ is designed as a system of synchronized interfaces.
1) The Core Interface.
- The Gesture™ back and seat move as a synchronized system moving with each user to provide continuous and persistent support.
- The back cradles the user no matter the posture or device.
2) The Limb Interface:
- The Gesture™ arm moves like the human arm, which allows users to be supported in any position.
- Arms and shoulders remain supported when texting on a smartphone, typing on a keyboard or swiping a tablet.
3) The Seat Interface:
- The Gesture™ seat brings comfort all the way to the edges.
- It is flexible at the perimeter to allow users to sit in a range of postures without obstruction.
The User Interface:
- Gesture™ takes into account various body types and sitting preferences, quickly adjustable to meet the needs of each individual user.
- Users can adjust the Gesture™ chair as easily as adjusting their posture.
|Overall depth||21" to 23 5⁄8"|
|Width||22 3⁄8" to 34 5⁄8"|
|Height||39¼" to 44¼"|
|Functional seat depth||15¾" to 18½"|
|Seat height from floor||16" to 21"|
|Back height from seat||24 1⁄16"|
|Back lumbar height||9¼"|
|Lumbar flex zone||4"|
|Width between arms||10¼" to 22½"|
|Arm to floor||23 3⁄8" to 32 11⁄16"|
|Arm height from seat||7¼" to 11½"|
|Arm cap pivot range||15º inward/outward|
|Seat pan angle||1º|
|Angle between seat and back||98º to 116º|